Monday, November 28, 2011

The McRib is Back!

In all her glory


If you're anything like me, you seek out and hunt down the famous McDonald's McRib sandwich like it was Bigfoot.  Well, rest easy, because the saucy beast is back!  For a limited time, McDonald's is carrying the McRib again, available as just a sandwich, or as a combo with fries and a drink.


Obviously, when I heard the news I rushed to the closest Mickey D's and ordered one of these heavenly creations.  See the mouthwatering photo above of the sandwich before I shamelessly devoured it in my car.

This elusive concoction is a ground pork patty pressed into a "rib" shape, drenched in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.  Piled with crispy onions, the McRib is nestled in a soft, split top roll.  For the full experience, I opted for the meal with medium french fries and a Coke.

The first bit of the sandwich was like being reunited with an old friend, who somehow got more entertaining and fun to be around than I remember.  The juicy pork is rich in flavor, and the smooth sauce coats the patty perfectly, complemented by the crisp onions and soft bun.  The salty, crunchy fries worked perfect for mopping up excess sauce, which only prolonged the tasty journey.

After draining the ice cold Coke, I am left with only one question: McRib, when will you be back?

No comments:

Post a Comment